As the dates for entrance exams near, one starts to panic. In order to ensure smooth sailing through these tests, it is important that you prepare in advance. There has to be a systematic approach towards the preparation for entrance exams as cracking them is not a cakewalk. Read, research and write as much as you can, as it’s your commitment and hard work that is going to get you through.
There are a number of tips on ‘how to prepare for entrance exams’ available on the internet. Here are some of them that you need to follow religiously:
- Be fully prepared: Do your research on the exam’s length, format and its content as it helps you get adapted. Visit the websites of colleges and get familiar with the format and sections of the test. Follow the study guides you find in libraries.
- Be thorough: Give equal importance to all the subjects that are included in the exam syllabus. This is essential so that you can make sure of not missing any questions due to the lack of knowledge about them. Prioritize the subjects according to your interest. Give more time to study the subjects that you are not good at. It is advisable to deal with such subjects early on, as you will have more time in the beginning of your preparation.
- Attempt old sample papers: Crack yesteryear papers. They have the same format and types of questions as the entrance test you will be appearing for. It is mostly free of cost and is available on the websites. There is no greater feeling than walking into an entrance hall knowing what to expect.
- Take mock tests: Most of the preparatory websites offer mock tests free of cost. Take these tests as it really helps you with the preparation. If you are applying for SAT and MAT exams, visit their websites as they provide practice exams free.
- Learn to pace the flow: Time your tests as it will really help you in the final exam. If you finish the test early, use the remaining time to revise. Do not be hasty, as finishing the admission test first will not guarantee admission. If you are unable to complete the practice exam on time, work on your speed. Analyze your weaknesses and try to spare time for questions that need more attention.
- Be confident: Never give up on yourself during entrance exam preparation. You might hit many roadblocks, but stay on course and you will find your way through. Stick to your goals and focus and, you will achieve the desired result.
- Avoid last minute jitters: Locate your exam centre and keep all the requisite tools ready. Make sure you keep your ID and keep a photocopy of it handy.
- Get ample sleep, wake up and reach on time: This will help you stay focused throughout the exam. Eat well and keep yourself hydrated.
- Talk to people who have appeared in such exams and pay heed to their advice: If you feel the need for some extra help, then hire a tutor who can guide you in your preparation.
Follow these tips on entrance exam preparation and you can increase your chances of clearing the admission test and fulfilling your dream of get admitted to your favorite university.