Economics can be applied to any field, at any time. If you’ve got a thirst for numbers, statistics, business, and finance, then make the world of economics your playground.
A degree in Economics would teach you to understand an economic system, understand data to analyze problem areas and devise solutions for the same. You will know the workings of demand and supply like the back of your hand. And you will also understand what makes the Indian economy tick along with the international economy.
Degrees in Economics:
Did you know that there are three main degrees you can take up for your undergraduate studies? They are:-
- B.A. Economics
- B.A. Business Economics
- B.Sc. Economics.
Although several subjects are overlapping, make sure that you know exactly what you’re in for when you choose a particular degree. While B.A. Economics covers all the principles of economics, B.A. in Business Economics would teach you how they adapt to a commercial setting. If you’re opting for B.Sc. Economics, a deeper interest in mathematics and statistics would be helpful, as these subjects tend to be more advanced in these areas.
Careers in Economics:
Taking up economics can open up a wide range of career avenues for you. Some of the professions you can dive into are:
Possible Career Pathways:
- B.A. in Economics / B.A. in Business Economics + Post Graduate degree in a field you want to specialize in (such as Business Economics, Agricultural Economics, Industrial Economics) = Career: Economist
- B.Sc. in Economics + M. Sc. In Statistics = Career: Statistician / Data Analyst
- B.A. in Business Economics + MBA in Finance = Career: Business Analyst / Financial Advisor
- B. A. in Economics / B.Sc. in Economics + M.Sc. in Actuarial Sciences = Career: Actuary
- B.A. in Business Economics + MBA in Foreign Trade = Career: Foreign Trade Analyst / Export Manager / Global Trade Automation Manager