Economics can be applied to any field, at any time. If you’ve got a thirst for numbers, statistics, business, and finance, then make the world of economics your playground.
A degree in Economics would teach you to understand an economic system, understand data to analyze problem areas and devise solutions for the same. You will know the workings of demand and supply like the back of your hand. And you will also understand what makes the Indian economy tick along with the international economy.
|Stream Selection Test|
Degrees in Economics:
Did you know that there are three main degrees you can take up for your undergraduate studies? They are:-
- B.A. Economics
- B.A. Business Economics
- B.Sc. Economics.
Although several subjects are overlapping, make sure that you know exactly what you’re in for when you choose a particular degree. While B.A. Economics covers all the principles of economics, B.A. in Business Economics would teach you how they adapt to a commercial setting. If you’re opting for B.Sc. Economics, a deeper interest in mathematics and statistics would be helpful, as these subjects tend to be more advanced in these areas.
Careers in Economics:
Taking up economics can open up a wide range of career avenues for you. Some of the professions you can dive into are:
Possible Career Pathways:
- B.A. in Economics / B.A. in Business Economics + Post Graduate degree in a field you want to specialize in (such as Business Economics, Agricultural Economics, Industrial Economics) = Career: Economist
- B.Sc. in Economics + M. Sc. In Statistics = Career: Statistician / Data Analyst
- B.A. in Business Economics + MBA in Finance = Career: Business Analyst / Financial Advisor
- B. A. in Economics / B.Sc. in Economics + M.Sc. in Actuarial Sciences = Career: Actuary
- B.A. in Business Economics + MBA in Foreign Trade = Career: Foreign Trade Analyst / Export Manager / Global Trade Automation Manager
Virtual Internship Program
With the outbreak of COVID-19 and lockdown across the country, we hope you’re home and safe! Spare two hours from your routine and take this fun online internship! Virtual Internship Program is an interesting and online immersive program that allows you to experience 18 different professions, solve their tasks and understand their world. Science, Architecture, Fashion, Law, Accounts and more – there are 18 career options for you to explore.
The pandemic might have changed a lot of your plans, but that leaves you with extra time to prepare for them. Spend your time wisely to make sure you have a bright future